Five Things I'll Continue Doing in 2018 | YOU ARE WHAT YOU WEAR

Five Things I’ll Continue Doing in 2018

Chinese New Year is here and a month has passed since 2018. CNY is just a great excuse to have a fresh start at 2018 again. I always like to make a list and things I want to change about myself for my New Year’s resolutions, but obviously failed many times. 

What Should My New Year Resolution Be

 

What Should My New Year Resolution Be

In the beginning of this year, I’m inspired by Emily’s New Year’s resolution. She said that New Year’s resolutions don’t necessarily need to be about change. Instead, she listed things she resolved to continue doing in 2018. She wants to celebrate the things she did well last year and want to continue doing this year. Isn’t that inspiring? It’s such a positive way to celebrate yourself in the year ahead. And it encourages you to grow by keeping up the good work. Here, I also list five things I resolved to continue doing:

 

What Should My New Year Resolution BeWhat Should My New Year Resolution Be

  • Continue to be an early riser

I used to be a night person and always go to bed after 12a.m. And I would regret it in the morning when I hit snooze many times on my alarm. Last year, I switched from being a night owl to a morning person and it’ been really good. It has helped my day more productive and I enjoy quiet mornings very much. 

 

  • Continue to learn Python & SQL

Last year, I signed up programming language courses on Data Camp and Code School. I started with SQL and then Python. I’ll continue learning in-depth and want to start and finish at least one project.

 

  • Continue to go to the gym and exercise regularly

Over the past year, I’ve been going to gym for kickboxing, weigh lifting, yoga and barre conditioning classes. I fell in love with kickboxing and this year, I want to incorporate more kickboxing exercises into my regular workouts. Kickboxing is so fun! 

What Should My New Year Resolution BeWhat Should My New Year Resolution Be

  • Continue to eat healthier

I love Miranda Kerr’s 80/20 eating philosophy. She eats nutritious foods 80% of the time and indulge the other 20% of the time. Over the past year I’ve been self-conscious about what I eat everyday and I try to incorporate a similar 65/35 healthy eating habits into my lifestyle (after all, I’m not a supermodel). I eat lean protein like chicken breast and seafood instead of pork. And I also eat complex carbs rather than white rice and white bread. 

 

  • Continue to be positive and passionate about life

Staying enthusiastic for every day and every moment is essential. In the past year, I made an effort to motivate and push myself. It’s important to keep a positive and passionate attitude towards life. 

 

What Should My New Year Resolution Be

What Should My New Year Resolution BeWhat Should My New Year Resolution Be

 

 

 

FOLLOW ME 

FEEDLY  BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK   INSTAGRAM 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.